Python Army members: a call of duty! Vote for the new RSM

It's not easy to start this blog.. asking you this!!

First of all, as the 4th of October is the Python Anniversary and we are members of Pythonline.com (the official website!) we should do something.

Second, to do something we need a new RSM: I know that nobody can replace Andrew/Biggles and I know that some of you doesn't even know him... but lifes goes on and we don't live in the past hoping that it comes again!!!

Third, I've asked someone to be one of the candidates.. but at least there are only two on 6 I thought at the beginning.

What I am asking you is to choose one of the pythonline.com members to be the new chief of the Python Army.

If you don't have any clue, you can look back at mashes, Brian Sightings and other stuff like that!

Don't worry if you don't ask in advance!

Here follows some notes: please read them carefully. For other questions, please contact me.

Mode of Candidating:
the candidate must have:
1) great fantasy
2) enough spare time
3) MashCast working properly
4) Photoshop or any other image editor programme.

when deciding to be a candidate, contact me so that I can add the member to the candidate list.

Mode of voting:
the electors must:
1) choose just ONE candidate
2) vote for someone that is not himself
3) vote just once, but post comments as much as he/she wants
4) if you feel too shy to post your vote in here, send a private message to TheSister91

SPAMMERS CAN'T VOTE!!!

My vote will be the last one on Sunday 27th of September.

Scott (scottp) gave me the permission to do this blog, also because he cares very much about the PA and cared a lot about Andrew.

the two candidates are (by common deal):

1) BroMaynardG
2) Hanri

vote from now until September 27th.

there's another candidate in the list: gna42.
Vote for her if you haven't done it yet!

Bro: 6 votes
gna42: 3 votes
Hanri: 11 votes
TheSister91: 2 votes

keep voting please!

vote today and tomorrow before the election closes!

Comments

TheSister91: the vote is officially over!

*************

BroMaynardG: Florida- Busch!

BroMaynardG at 6:27 am September 28

Won't let me be Lord Admiral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grrrr!!!

How about Lord Chancellor? He had a nightmare.

Todd Rundgren - Sillyness almost Clessian. Lyrics, no video.

Love unrequited, robs me of me rest,
Love, hopeless love, my ardent soul encumbers,
Love, nightmare like, lies heavy of me chest,
And weaves itself into my midnight slumbers.

When youre lying awake with a dismal headache and
Repose is tabood by anxiety,
I conceive you may use any language you choose to
Indulge in, without impropriety;
For your brain is on fire, the bed-clothes conspire of
Usual slumber to plunder you:
First your counter-pane goes, and uncovers your toes,
And your sheet slips demurely from under you;
Then the blanketing tickles, you feel like mixed
Pickles, so terribly sharp is the pricking,
And youre hot and youre cross, and you tumble and
Toss til theres nothing twixt you and the
Ticking.
Then the bed-clothes all creep to the ground in a heap
And you pick em all up in a tangle;
Next your pillow resigns and politely declines to
Remain at its usual angle!
Well, you get some repose in the form of a dose, with
Hot eye-balls and head ever aching,
But your slumbering teems with such horrible dreams
That youd very much better be waking;
For you dream you are crossing the channel, and
Tossing about in a steamer from harwich,
Which is something between a large bathing machine and
A very small second class carriage,
And youre giving a treat (penny ice and cold meat) to
A party of friends and relations,
Theyre a ravenous horde, and they all come on board
At sloane square and south kensington stations.
And bound on that journey you find your attorney
(who started this morning from devon);
Hes a bit undersizd and you dont feel surprisd
When he tells you hes only eleven.
Well youre driving like mad with this singular lad
(by the bye the ships now a four wheeler),
And youre playing round games, and he calls you bad
Names when you tell him that ties pay the dealer;
But this you cant stand so you throw up your hand,
And you find youre as cold as an icicle;
In your shirt and your socks (the black silk with gold
Clocks) crossing salsbury plain on a bicycle:
And he and the crew are on bicycles too, which theyve
Somehow or other invested in,
And hes telling the tars all the particulars of a
Company hes interested in;
Its a scheme of devices, to get at low prices, all
Good from cough mixtures to cables
(which tickled the sailors), by treating retailers as
Though they were all vegetables;
You get a good spadesman to plant a small tradesman
(first take off his boots with a boot tree),
And his legs will take root, and his fingers will
Shoot, and theyll blossom and bud like a fruit
Tree;
From the green grocer tree you get grapes and green
Pea, cauliflower, pine apple and cranberries,
While the pastry cook plant cherry brandy will grant,
Apple puffs, and three corners, and banburys;
The shares are a penny and ever so many are taken by
Rothschild and baring,
And just as a few are allotted to you, you awake
And with a shudder despairing
Youre a regular wreck, with a crick in your neck, and
No wonder you snore, for your heads on the floor
And youve needles and pins from your soles to your
Shins, and your flesh is acreep, for your left legs
Asleep,
And youve cramp in your toes, and a fly on your nose,
And some fluff in your lung, and a feverish tongue,
And a thirst thats intense,
And a general sense that you havent been sleeping in
Clover;
But the darkness has passd, and its daylight at
Last, and the night has been long, ditto, ditto my
Song,
And thank goodness theyre both of them over!

No editing!

Go Away Spammers | We Have All The Spam We Can Eat | Don’t Try Selling Us Any Goat-Hair Beards

Hanri: Is it over?

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

BroMaynardG at 5:48 am September 28

Looks like the only place I will be able to be Lord Admiral is playing with my boats in the bathtub.

Up Periscope!

Rutland! (The second star on the right past Pepperland and then straight to the morning light!)

Lancaster Bomber: your army needs you

BroMaynardG at 3:12 pm September 27

- - - she's a goer, likes it!

Tanks

Myanmar!

TheSister91: you have until midnight to send me your vote or to write it in here.
ps midnight depending on where you are!

the second star on the right and then straight to the morning light!

TheSister91: and I'm voting foooooooor: gna42!
she deserves more than anyone to be the RSM...
sorry Hanri, sorry Bro, sorry Sister!

BroMaynardG: Member since like when I joined - Oct '07

Password forgotten.

I vote for Bro, of course.

justtere

Jatta: It seem to me only 19 of PA members have voted so far... There must be more of us? Or are we really that small of an army?

***********************
Anything goes...

TheSister91 at 6:02 am September 27

but I have no clue of where they are!! :/

Hanri at 6:28 am September 27

it is important to PROMOTE!!! Everybody needs to be shouting about PythOnline everywhere, so we'd get more and more active members both to the site and the Army.

Post links to Brian Sightings and Mashes, to videos, interesting posts... Show the site to your friends at school and work and when they visit or you visit them, show them around what wonders the site withholds. I bet there are friends of ours, who are interested in how their friend spends her/his time.. So show them! We CAN make us heard! Especially NOW when the 40th anniversary brings up Pythonesque events and programs, we really need to be out there!

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

TheSister91 at 6:35 am September 27

the fact is that the Army already has members, but I don't know where they are or how to get to them!!

it's not a matter of promoting, but a matter of being more present!!

Hanri at 6:49 am September 27

we mustn't forget our older members. Promoting needs to be done over there as well!

Many I hope have ticked the box when registering, that they will receive and email when ever somneone leaves a message in their guestbook... Start howling for those inactive members of ours! Let's bring 'em back and tell we miss them!

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

BroMaynardG at 7:07 am September 27

I Resemble That!

DAS Dr. Brother Maynard G, so little time, so much to Ni!

AH AL QPQ!

Hanri at 7:20 am September 27

Do I smell a new sig line coming? ;)

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

TheSister91 at 7:02 am September 27

I don't know how to get them!!! don't even know who they are!!

Hanri at 7:18 am September 27

There is a LIST of ALL the Python Army members!

But it's no one man/woman job, we need to work together! Everybody take names you know you've seen commenting somwhere at some point... And nudge 'em!

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

TheSister91 at 7:24 am September 27

if I had that button I wouldn't be here putting comments to keep this blog up!!!

Hanri at 9:14 am September 27

who makes that button happen!

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

BroMaynardG: I looked, and saw that a myriad of you have not voted. Perhaps it’s the Bush-Chad Syndrome. The instructions were not clear.

2 ways to vote -

First: Simply REPLY to this Post. Post a Reply to any of the plethora of Replies to Valeria’s (The Sister 91) Blog. Now this is Public and would be viewed by the candidates. If you are paranoid, there is another way to vote.

Double Click Valeria’s Avatar (The Pic of Terry Jones). You will bring up “The Sister 91's Profile”. Right Hand corner “Send TheSister91 a Private Message”. Use this to keep your vote confidential.

BTW VOTE FOR BRO!

TheSister91 at 5:35 am September 27

btw the avatar is MICHAEL PALIN!!!! (not Terry Jones!)

BroMaynardG at 5:45 am September 27

is a BAD word in this country!

(Besides, I wasn't looking)

Myanmar!

TheSister91 at 5:50 am September 27

in my country.. it doesn't mean anything! (means more the person than the name)

the second star on the right and then straight to the morning light!

the_thina: is it really that few persons who have voted? seems to me like this thread always has new posts when I have been gone for a few hours, but only 19 votes in total?

TheSister91 at 2:28 am September 27

many people voted through private message. I just update the votes and write a comment to keep this blog up.

the_thina at 2:58 am September 27

ah ok. Im probobly just to tired and a bit confused as usual. :P

TheSister91 at 3:02 am September 27

don't worry.. It's just to keep this post up.. :)

the_thina at 3:05 am September 27

haha, well then I can help that cause with one more post too. ;)

Mousebender: i'll vote 1)BroMaynardG

TheSister91 at 2:02 am September 27

I'm not so sure about your identity... I'm not going to take into consideration your vote.
PM me for any problem.

Lancaster Bomber at 12:12 pm September 27

So many corrupt elections round the world - they should take lessons from you. I was sure I could sneak an extra vote or two for Bro (but I would have owned up, honest !)
How did you guess ??

TheSister91 at 12:19 pm September 27

you said that!! I'm clever!
I said: spammers can't vote. and you presented yourself more or less like a spammer!

Lancaster Bomber at 12:25 pm September 27

aaah ! Good work

TheSister91 at 12:30 pm September 27

thank you!!

Mr Nudge: Why not Bro?
Bro's rad :D

As well as all the candidates. But you said only one, so...

PS: Unwanted tension right now ._________.
----------------------------------------------------xX
I am NOT a Flemish Merchant! I am an IDEALIZED VERSION of a Renaissance Man!!

BroMaynardG: Methinks someone in the judging department is biased!

I voted for her, why does she tell others NOT to vote for me?

I Move To Recuse Her! (A lawyerly thing to do when a judge exposes that they are pro one or pro the other). To whom does the appeal get filed - in Toto?

Myanmar!

TheSister91 at 2:01 am September 27

BroMaynardG at 4:46 am September 27

I'm gentle as a newt, but can fight like a gecko!

Reptiles!

TheSister91 at 4:57 am September 27

Hanri at 4:16 pm September 26

the only one on TotoNetwork, you know...

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

Mr Nudge: Hardest things I've ever done D8

But...I'm going to say......

Ah...well....hmmmm.

Bro Maynard :D
HANRI is still awesome though! Don't whip me lol

----------------------------------------------------xX
I am NOT a Flemish Merchant! I am an IDEALIZED VERSION of a Renaissance Man!!

Hanri at 4:21 pm September 26

I whip only when asked...wait a mo, there are minors here..... 8l

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!

TheSister91: this blog seems to be a photo album full of memories... :)

Mr Nudge: :O

----------------------------------------------------xX
I am NOT a Flemish Merchant! I am an IDEALIZED VERSION of a Renaissance Man!!

TheSister91 at 9:12 am September 26

still no clue???

the second star on the right and then straight to the morning light!

BroMaynardG: At least it is in China, and everyone is happy. Don't get me wrong - I Like Chinese (they only come up to your knees, plus the waiters never are rude.)!

I have to admit - I've never been to China, but I kinda like the music.

Which brings me to the gist here - WHAT ARE BRO'S QUALIFICATIONS TO BE A REGIMENTAL SERGEANT MAJOR (RSM)?

First it takes years in the military to achieve the rank of RSM (No Biggles, I do not smell rank). I met the Pythons in 1976 on the local PBS TV (no Thina NOT Trans) station, in the MPFC episodes. I had been watching Doctor in the House for the previous two years (1974). And, and let me make this perfectly clear, I went to the cinema in 1969 (at the tender age of 12) Mom and Dad were shocked at the bare breasted women rowing in the galley in "The Magic Christian" (they'd taken me because Ringo Starr was in the movie).

It was the first time I saw Graham and John! sew on the button, my RSM pedigree goes back to 1969 (what a year '69 was - the Moonwalk, Woodstock, and a new sexual technique).

I believed that I've covered John and Graham and touched on ‘alf of Eric in the above. (He liked it, He Liked It!)

Michael (the beloved) is a bit of a difficult nut to crack (like a coconut is). OKAY, I blessed the rains down in Africa (despite the fact that it was my only day in Morocco), as I'd already seen the rains in Spain (for Scott's vote). Mainly plain TOTO-ly!

I've been from Nome, AK - to Moscow, RU & from Helsinki, FIN, FIN, FIN (the country where I want to be) - to Buenos Aires, ArrrrrrrrrrrG. I traveled from Saint Petersburg to Saint Petersburg. I have traveled much of this globular planet which circles the sun. So, I have an affinity with Miles Cowperthwaite (watched SNL for years).

Concord (Terry Gilliam)? - Well I am growing and selling Concord Grapes! But read the Labyrinth post (ante) to see that he and I are together on this (Writer ? Director? Or Davy Jones’ Locker. BTW nice hair Bowie). Plus I went to Brazil, and those BZ’s can’t even speak proper Spanish (at least Manuel can) Wankers!

And Terry Jones, also very beloved. Well he also looks good in women’s clothing!

Have I forgotten my affinity with any of the MALE Pythons? Oh yes Leppo!

Neil in his praise. I had the record, takes my pedigree back to 1967 (More Hippies, Less Activism). I had not yet seen the movie but I wore out the vinyl of “The Magical Mystery Tour”.

Bambi - Thumper – Zoot - Dingo. Sorry, but the dylithium crystals won’t take it, Captain, My Captain! My Brian hurts!

OKAY, I’m old (52), I’ve had a stroke. But my heart is big enough as opposed to Boris Badenoff (Not Gudenov for you ?) For those Rocky and Bullwinkle fans among us (is there a Fun-Gus among us?) Consider that MPFC & the movies were verbal more than visual.

Yes, Hanri can MASH and I cannot. BUT I an a very cunning linguist!

Vote for Bro!

Ooooooh the other ‘alf of Eric! We sell Natural ‘oney at the Farmers’ Market.

Don’t Vote For Hanri!

Go Away Hanri | We Have All The Norse We Can Eat | Don’t Try Selling Us Any Of Those Finnished Product

TheSister91 at 8:23 am September 26

the cunning linguistic ability is not required!!!

VOTE FOR HANRI OR FOR JEANNA!!!
DON'T VOTE FOR BRO!

Hanri at 8:52 am September 26

I think it is! ;)

* * *

Please be gentle with me, I come to pieces, literally!