original West End Star link

hey, where'd the original Swedish television link go? I was watching those episodes in Swedish, I was. Didn't understand a damn word of the critiques, but I understood the performances just fine -- and my thinking was that I may not know art but I know what I like, and I could go back and watch the English episodes later when they were subtitled.

I pout now. See me pout, with the lip and everything.

joeg: aaawww please don't pout . . .

BroMaynardG at 4:37 pm January 13

. . . Only 346 days to go!

Myanmar!

gna42 at 4:46 pm January 13

not... enough... time...

"Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad..." and... "always look on the Bright Side of Life..."

Pachorruo: I believe in poligamy !!!

BroMaynardG at 8:58 am January 13

Orgygami?

The folding of paper dolls?

Myanmar!

Pachorruo at 1:41 pm January 13

Sounds like an scandinavian godess

SirLance: Hello dear ladyC...
The org link to WES is www.tv3.se/westendstar you can find the episodes there. But the page is really badelly updated, shame on you tv3.
But this week the first live show is a killer show.

I hope this helps your pouting lip, hopefully it won't get stuck there.

gna42 at 8:54 am January 13

I'll join her.

We've been told that we will have the SUBTITLED versions of all 5 shows this Monday.

We'll have them up as soon as we get them!!

ladycaviar at 4:07 pm January 13

I can have it all, thank you guys! My link, the Swedish, subtitles, pouting, and company while I pout! Oh frabjous day, life is good. Tee hee. Thanks, actually, for the link (good Sir Knight) and the poking of Them to give us episodes (good Leader). If I can't take up crack as an addiction, I'm gonna work this one like a champ. ;)

gna42 at 4:13 pm January 13

it plays hades with your complexion but makes you oh-so-thin! It's not worth it. (I've never tied it but friends have).

besides, for the cost of the dsl connection you've got .... US!

SirLance at 5:22 pm January 14

Hello dear pouters!

I just want to tell you that now all the episodes of WES can be found on the link I posted earlier in this thread. Even a very odd aftershowtalk in very confusing swedish(I'm swedish and it's confusing for me so I will just imagen you trying to watch it). Dear people who live in this rainy country of Britan take god care of our girls, the last four now are in London spamming the night away.

Buy the way are there any "waterytarts" in England, I always liked that word but never really understod the meening of it.

BroMaynardG at 5:57 pm January 14

First the source - - The Holy Grail - -

WOMAN : Well, how did you become king then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels start singing] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!
DENNIS: Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went around saying, "I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me" they'd put me away!
ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up!
DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you here that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it didn't you?

The scene ends as King Arther rides off in disgust.

So the wetness of the lady is explained by her arising out of the lake - "moistened" "lying in ponds" and "watery". (BTW Samite is a heavy silk fabric.)

The other references are derogatory words for women.
"Tart" is explained "Noun. 1. A prostitute or promiscuous woman. The often unisexual nature of contemporary slang ensures the phrase is now applied to promiscuous males. Derog.
2. Derog. and offensive term for women. Derived from the Cockney rhyming slang jam tart meaning sweetheart.
3. An objectionable person; often used affectionately or playfully."

and also - " 1. To practice prostitution
2. To practice promiscuous sex
3. To dress garishly or ostentatiously"

Meanwhile "bint" in the Wikipedia - -
"may be:

* The Arabic word for 'daughter', see ibn.
* A slang word in the United Kingdom, a derogatory term for a woman (and sometimes men). Usage varies with a range of harshness from 'bitch', referring to a disagreeable and domineering woman, to only a slightly derogatory term for a young woman. The latter being associated more with usage in the West Midlands. It is unclear whether it entered the English language as a loan of the Arabic term."

Give my best to "ABBA" (Ooohh, another palindrome!)

Myanmar!

gna42 at 5:28 pm January 14

We've received them and are converting them into flash files right now, and they will be up shortly.

Thanks.