A Deck of Python Cards: The Blue Card Back

Here is the first of two card backs for the deck of Python cards I made. If you like you can print several of these out and paste or glue them onto the backs of the cards or after cutting the cards you can put them back into the printer and print the card back onto the backs of the card. If you know how to do this and if it's possible you can add this card back to the card games you have on your computer.

Another option for a card back for this deck of cards is to find some paper you like that has a pattern or something on one side and a solid color (the lighter the better) on the other side.

Comments

BroMaynardG: OK, they will be smaller than traditional playing cards but there is a "Business Card" stock by "Avery" that is laser printable. There are also other sizes by the company "Avery" and maybe other companies.

Can the pattern be adapted (shrunked/stretched [Honey, I Shrunk The Cards!]) to a laser printer recognized product that is thicker than regular paper? Then you check how to orient the second side copying, which way the card/paper stock goes into the printer after the first side has been copied.

Thank You In Advance!

Go Away Spammers | We Have All The Spam We Can Eat | Don’t Try Selling Us Any Goat-Hair Beards

arkennedy at 8:49 pm June 19

... but if you or anyone else would like to do that feel free.

If you need it below are some websites that let you resize images online for free. I think the first site listed is the best.

********************************************
No spam please. Graham doesn't like spam.

BroMaynardG at 9:11 pm June 19

I'm sure it's Avery.com. They have business card type paper stock. That's my first clue.

They also have like Invitations on card stock (speaking of the thickness of the paper)

Both WORD and WORD PERFECT have the AVERY dimensions, programmed in.

So measure a playing card, see what is the closest, then "FORMAT" from the menu.

Then modify the back ('cause it don't matter whether the back is up or down.)

Then by Father's Day (when I do not have to work) we touch base and plan for production!

BTW, before I was "BMG", I was "Father William" (and so was my wife!).

Myanmar!

arkennedy at 10:58 pm June 20

It's possible I'll be going out of town on father's day.

I also haven't used word in awhile except to write things so I'm out of practice. I have made a start though. I've begun by separating each card into individual image files so they'll be easier to resize.

********************************************
No spam please. Graham doesn't like spam.

BroMaynardG at 9:07 pm June 21

Take me but 5 mins to compare Word and Word Perfect. I'll do it on lunch break - McDonalds is right across the street!

If there IS a right size card stock, I'll practice with it, send dementions to you & then you do a first run. Compare notes and then we have instructions for "And The Rest".

Dimentions!

arkennedy at 12:41 pm June 22

********************************************
No spam please. Graham doesn't like spam.

BroMaynardG at 4:16 pm June 22

I even worked Saturday & got overtime.

From Wiki "The most common sizes for playing cards are poker size (2½in × 3½in; 63 mm × 88 mm, or B8 size according to ISO 216) and bridge size (2¼in × 3½in, approx. 56 mm × 88 mm)".

More about this later. I'm starting in WORD, 'cause that is the most used. WORD PERFECT is a must for lawyers, as it is the "Industry Standard".

Since I use both on a daily basis, am I BI?

A Business Card is 3.5 x 2 inches. It is smaller than a playing card, but Avery (and most office supply stores have tons.

The Name Badge inserts may be harder to find. They are 3.5 x 2.17, closest to Bridge Card size.
Avery Product codes 5383, 5390, and 5391. These are used in the plastic holder with a pin to put through you shirt at like a convention. They are 8 badges per page, so you'd need 7 pages per card run - a total of 56 cards. Plus plan for mistakes.

You can download the Templates for free from Avery.com.

Plus I found blogs from people who create their own board games. They use Avery Card Stock and a laminating machine. Others just spray a lacquer finish on their cards to make them last.

I had to go to Word Perfect which has all three ID Badges preset in their program.

I will have to do more research about WORD

Myanmar!