Did someone say mattress to Mr. Lambert?

Now I've got to stand in the tea-chest

Comments

Tiel Pearce: Twice!!!

If you're going to split hairs, I'm going to piss off!

themontyfreak: Job for one who cannot hear the word mattress without throwing a fuss.

Romanes eunt domus...People called Romanes they go the house?

Antrax24.12: ...AND DID THOSE THEETH IN ANCIENT TIME...
AM I ON MASHCAST?

Lemming_Of_The_BDA: We need more people!

"Know what I mean? Wink wink. Nudge nudge. Say no more! Say no more!"
TWICE!

barfolishus at 8:30 am April 23

"and in those feet! In ancient times! Walked upon Englands mountains green"........ "bring me my arrows of desire!!"

A shroe! A shroe! My dingkom for a shroe!

LadyLovelace at 8:50 am April 23

And did those feet, in ancient times,
walk upon englands mountains green?
And was the holy lamb of God,
on Englands plesant pastures seen?
And did the countenance divine,
shine upon clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
amongst these dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow, of burning gold,
Bring me my arrows of desire,
Bring me my spear, O clouds unfold,
Bring me my chariot of fire.

I will not cease, from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green and pleasant land.

Coincidentally one of my favourite poems, written by William Blake as a preface to "Milton: A Poem" and now often sung at British state affairs as a hymn, with much call for it to be made the national anthem (of which there isn't one)

Pop culture - it is sung at the end of the film "Chariots of Fire" (not to mention pleanty of times throughout MPFC - especially the episode on teeth.

Learn something new every day at pythonline!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about

barfolishus at 10:52 am April 23

I actually really like that song. very inspirational, especially the part about teeth.

A shroe! A shroe! My dingkom for a shroe!

Hanri at 3:46 am April 24

I often find myself singing or humming that song.. And while watching tv I wake up when someone starts singing that in some bbc or granada drama series.

In the Bongosok - oh, sorry, Songbook - they've switch around the r's and l's. Interesting touch.

Another good one is "All things bright and beautiful".

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

Refrain

The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
He made them, high or lowly,
And ordered their estate.

Refrain

The purple headed mountains,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky.

Refrain

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

Refrain

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
To gather every day.

Refrain

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

Refrain

Amen. Hehe. And we do know how they've sung it.

* * *

Are you from an 'ome of some kind?

LadyLovelace at 9:01 am April 24

but *starts singing "all things dull and ugly"* - used by my philosophy lecturer as an argument against the exitence of God, it was then argued by a student that we can prove at least that God is not benevolent, as he has allowed Monty Python to exist - I considered killing him on the spot, but decided that he was suffereing enough, as he was clearly one of those people who just doesn't get it.

I should mention that I quit that particular university in search of one with less rednecks (and slightly closer)

Hanri at 9:35 am April 24

Funny to think, that a reasonable argument for the existence or non-existence of God would be the following dogma:
God is good. God created all. In that case God created also evil. Thus God is not good, if evil is created. Can God be if He's not good? Oh dear. *giggle*
Quote from Time Bandits:
"Kevin: Why there has to be evil? God: I guess it has something to do with free will."
Though the church signs my paychecks and I don't consider myself as a hypocrite, I'm not much of a theologist. Or a philosopher. It's just that the attempts to PROVE or present a PLAUSIBLE argument of the existence or non-existence of God always make me giggle. Why bother? Somebody disagrees anyway, since it's a question of personal belief. Fighting in a ring would be much more productive.

Anyway, your class mate hasn't made enough background research on Python according to what he said on your lecture. Bastard was begging for it! You're a humane woman.

* * *

Are you from an 'ome of some kind?

LadyLovelace at 9:47 am April 24

may have been done. It is also probably far more productive that any amount of arguing, because one cannot logically argue a matter of faith. I've tried it, it's like banging your head against a brick wall, except it doesn't get less painful after a while.

I like the Time Bandits model of the universe, with people helping out with the whole creation job, because I can't see an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being bothering with every single bloody strain of influenza, I mean, it's a perspective from which you can't help but concentrate on the large scale.

Hanri at 10:01 am April 24

I'm bored in byreaucracy. Leader and workers - fine, works, lovely, thank you. But Leader with sub sub sub sub mini leaders and their working teams and their endless meetings on budget cuts and authorizations (didn't spell that right?) and applications and...

Sometimes delegating is recommended, but a too big scale tears itself apart. AM there, DOING that. Sadly.

Got a bit carried away - lots of irrelevant rubbish. It's due to me being tired and shagged out after a long day at the office. Sorry!

* * *

Are you from an 'ome of some kind?

BroMaynardG at 5:10 am April 25

This is a humo(u)r site.

Y'all are just sitting around philosophising!

Mind if I call you Bruce?

Myanmar!

LadyLovelace at 6:34 am April 25

if we minded?

Tiel Pearce at 6:06 pm March 24

If you become a Bruce there are a few ground rules. Rule one: No Poofters, Rule Two: No member of the staff is to maltreat the Abos in any way whatsoever, If there is anyone watching Rule Three: No Poofters, Rule Four: I don't want to catch anyone not drinking after lights out, Rule Five: No Poofters, Rule Six: There is no rule six, and Rule Seven: No Poofters.

If you're going to split hairs, I'm going to piss off!

Hanri at 6:43 am April 27

sinces we're a couple of fine Sheilas aren't we?

Huoh, just got back from a church camp, full of christians, muslims, atheists and agnostics.. It was an international camp, mainly for the immigrants. Had some interesting discussions there, which I of course don't remember anymore. Haha. The same head, year in year out.

* * *

Are you from an 'ome of some kind?