holy grail hitting the streets of a modern city

just got a thought that made me laugh like hell.
from mo´s thread about a meeting of python-fans somewhere in europe...
now, Im not saying the meeting should be here, but just had a crazy on wonderfull idea.
you see in the city called visby, on the island gotland here in sweden every summer there is a BIG thing called medeval-week. where people come from every corner of the land, dress up and play dark-ages, for a week.
fun for the tourists, a pain in the ass for the people living on gotland (and I know, I grew up there)
but wouldnt it be fun to play holy grail there? watch the video above, and picture people with coconuts, monks chanting in latin and hitting themselfs in the head, a bunch of minstrels singing about how coward someone is and so on and so on.
hahaha!

if you wanna see more, just do a youtube-search on "medeltidsveckan"

Comments

thewastelandr: That sounds so amazing! I want to participate! I'll be a peasant!!

the_thina at 12:42 pm August 03

haha! I wanna be a coconut-person. what are they anyway, pesants, "servants" as arthur cals patsy or horses? haha

MontyPython93: Åh jag har typ drömt om att åka på medeltidsveckan nån gång! :D

the_thina at 11:24 am July 29

som sagt... kul för turister men en plåga för oss infödingar. haha! men men

MontyPython93 at 2:37 am July 30

Tänk så kul det skulle vara om det kom några python-fans dit då :D

the_thina at 2:42 am July 30

exakt! haha

mo: Looks like a great day.Even better if some Python fans hit it.

the_thina at 2:26 pm July 28

haha yeah. wonder if anyone ever have done that... I never heard of anyone doing that anyway.

mo at 3:06 pm July 28

Always a first time,ha ha.

mrsCutout at 3:48 pm July 28

Yeap we'e going to be the pioneers of the first Python Medeltidsveckan!

the_thina at 3:59 pm July 28

haha! we can take over the whole thing! oh, the boys would be proud! :)

mo at 3:57 pm July 28

I second that.:)

mrsCutout: Hahaha that would be so much fan!Hehehe I can't take the picture off my mind!People will think we're crazy!

the_thina at 2:19 pm July 28

haha, I know! XD but I dont mind people thinking Im crazy. because... well, I am, and Im proud of it! haha

mrsCutout at 3:48 pm July 28

Lol !Yes i mean all python fans are crazy.

the_thina at 3:58 pm July 28

haha, yes we are, but in a good way. :)

Hanri: MAN, that would be fun! All ideas welcome at this point. :)

This again reminds me I've always wanted to visit Doune Castle.....thinking.....thinking......

the_thina at 1:34 pm July 28

haha. dont know why I never thought of that before. probobly to close to home... as I said I lived there for most of my life, and its like an olympic sport for the ones living on gotland to stay as far away from that thing as possible. hahaha

Hanri at 1:39 pm July 28

But this sort of thing would be a fun experience. For some reason I've always found these fairs fascinating. he he

the_thina at 1:42 pm July 28

well, yeah, if you dont live in the centre of it... haha. I have to be honest never been there more than just passing through the crowd going somewhere else.
but if I remember correctly its the first week of august every year, so there is nothing stopping you going there sometime if you want to, I mean, you dont live that far away. :)

Hanri at 1:46 pm July 28

Very true. Do they take it all the way and speak medieval Swedish? Since I'm sometimes having a puzzle of a time with modern one. lol

Gotta admit, the timing would be perfect for me, concidering the meet, since August is usually my month off, yay!

the_thina at 1:54 pm July 28

hmmm, its mostly swedes and germans there, so probobly just a mix of swedish and english. haha. looked it up and its week 32. that dont tell me anything since I never count weeks, but yeah, think its in august.

AND found a small, but existing finnish page on wiki: http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visbyn_keskiaikaviikko

Hanri at 2:00 pm July 28

THANKS for the link. I bet Biggs would have loved it, he was a big viking fan.

Have to think about it. Really. :)

the_thina at 2:04 pm July 28

well, even if gotland had a LOT of vikings, this is not really viking-related. and I never had the pleasure of knowing him, but if he did I bet he is hanging out with tor and oden as we speak. ;)

well, happy to spread the word even if you are just going there on your own to have fun. :)

Hanri at 2:14 pm July 28

We'll see if I ever go alone - I have a thing for going to places, meaning I don't get the best of places if I go totally by myself. So I have some company-convincing to do. Well, I have a whole year of time to do that. :)

In the mean time, I'm going to Assembly in Helsinki with my hubby-to-be, sort of as a pre-honeymoon right before our wedding. Thousands of computer nerds! I should be making a mash for a short film competition there, but I have no plot, so that might be a problem.

the_thina at 2:24 pm July 28

well, thinking of how crowded it always is there, it would probobly not be a problem to gather up a few of your mates, if they share your intrest of things like that. and Im moving back, if I do before you go there I can take you on a guided tour of the towns best places. ^^

hmmm... Ill give it a think, maybe I can come up with an idea. Im not good at mashcast, but sometimes I get ideas making me wish I was

Hanri at 2:44 pm July 28

Only limitations are the length (no longer than 5 mins), that it's interesting and catchy, and that there is nothing already copyrighted. But I have music for the background that a dj friend of Jukka's said I can use freely, and I know my hands are not copyrighted. ;) So if my hands could do some sort of adventure or something......?