The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus dvd/blueray available in USA

Comments

Zoot just Zoot: Hi there,LaLC!:) I'd like to share with you (and with all the others,certainly) my pleasure and joy and happiness...Well,at last,at last I've seen it! I've seen "The Imaginarium..."!!!!!!! It happened four days ago and now I'm able just to repeat all the time - IT'S SO GREAT,IT'S SO BRILLIANT,IT'S FANTASTIC!!!! (and so on and on and on...))))) Terry's one more masterpiece,my fourth moment of truth after 12 Monkeys,Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and greatest Brazil...I'm so happy now!:) And - thank you very-very much for this post!)))))СПАСИБО!

Zoot just Zoot at 4:06 pm March 03

And one more thing - this man has completely broken my heart.... :)

Here Comes Another One: I have GOT to see this movie! And I love how cheerful Terry G looks in nearly all his photos!

the_thina: Im a bitin love with tom! and gilly of course, but that I have been for 20 years soon. haha.
en lily is fucking hot as well, but she looks so much like a friend of mine I feel strange drooling over her. haha

Lvndr HppE at 7:20 pm January 24

I swear, everytime I hear "Tom Waits", I always think "What for? What's he waiting for?"

Here Comes Another One at 11:19 pm January 24

LOL :-p

Lady and Laird Candermine at 10:00 am May 25

here are your two ... thina... ... : )

the_thina at 12:19 pm May 25

haha. looks like gilly is trying to kiss her and she is moving away. haha. :)

Lady and Laird Candermine at 6:36 pm May 25

lol here is a couple more for you

Lady and Laird Candermine at 6:34 pm May 25

55e7d930c4ca2072_Lily_Cole_and_Terry_Gilliam_at_The_Imaginarium_of_Dr_Parnassus_preview.jpg

Lady and Laird Candermine at 6:35 pm May 25

here is a sweet one

Lady and Laird Candermine at 12:08 pm May 27

she is a tall drink of water... as they say in my country... :)

the_thina at 6:41 pm May 25

haha. he is so much shorter than her. that IS cute. :)

sit-on-my-face at 3:13 pm May 24

Good loooord. Tom is greater than greatness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwUtEEjZJ8

Lady and Laird Candermine at 10:07 am May 25

this has to be one of the first songs of tom that caught my attention..
... Tom writes his music with his wife Kathleen Brennan ... both are awesome song writers... Tom's son, has been playing drums and travelin' with dad's band..
hard to find photos of the beautiful yet illusive Kathleen.... He gives her a lot of credit in making their lives so grand and I think that is wonderful... I'm glad he's happy...

the_thina at 3:34 pm May 24

"the carpet needs a haircut" haha! what a man, its impossible to not love him. :)

sit-on-my-face at 3:46 pm May 24

he is SO BLOODY HOT. I love him. And I'm glad he's working with dear Terry because it's the best human match in the world!!!! two genius on the same boat.

the_thina at 3:55 pm May 24

yeah, he is hot, in a strange way. but he is. I love pepole that dare to be themselfs even if they are wierd. and that voice! completely amazing

sit-on-my-face at 4:06 pm May 24

When I hear him singing "In the colosseum", I feel like someone's scratching my own throat with a cheese grater. His personnality and his music and his beauty make me faint. And I FEEL a lot while listening to him, a whole range of emotions.

the_thina at 4:12 pm May 24

yeah, I get all blown away from listening to him too. its overwhelming at times. cant handle too big doses, I get all melancoly then. but then you know its GOOD when it makes you all emotional

sit-on-my-face at 4:44 pm May 24

That,s the true job of art.

Lady and Laird Candermine at 10:10 am May 25

Ain't nothin' like the mountain when it lowers itself under the moon and the stars..

the_thina at 4:50 pm May 24

sure is

MontyPythonrocks18:

I got it! Whoot! LOL

Lady and Laird Candermine at 9:57 am May 25

my comment is about how cool YOUR PHOTO here is... I LOVE IT!!!! thanks for making my day with your tumbs up add... beautiful!

Lady and Laird Candermine at 9:55 am May 25

You made me tear up... MontyPythonrocks... I love it... this is a beautiful photo ... I'm keepin' it.. you made me so happy thank you... !!!! : )

Lvndr HppE: I'm thinking of dressing up as Mr. Nick for Halloween. Sans the cigarette. I detest smoking.

Lady and Laird Candermine at 10:07 pm May 20

If you go as Mr. Nick will you put hair on your earlopes .... LOL .. I thought I was not seeing right when I noticed they put some long hair on Mr. Nick's ears... Terry and Tom were talking about making the character more hairy and with a pair of hooves for feet ... but they never got around to it.. Terry says that on the dvd ... LOL ...
Tom is awesome that's for sure!!! AWESOME ...

Rosemary Greenwood: Jude Law is fantastic! This is the first time when i can say it about him. Farrell is walking mistke.

Lady and Laird Candermine at 11:37 am May 07

I actually thought the first time through that Jude did a very, very impressive Heath ... I thought Jude is fab in Sleuth... Farrell had the harder time of it because right out of the gate and even Terry says this on the dvd commentary.. Farrell looks the least like Jude...
but I enjoyed his appearance ...

Rosemary Greenwood at 12:41 pm May 07

i don't like Jude, but i rspect him as an actor. The same with Johnny and Heath. But Colin is just... i don't understand why he is there. Anyway Tom Waits rules.

Lvndr HppE at 4:59 pm May 07

Well, neither of them are supposed to be Heath. I thought that the point was that everytime he went behind the screen, he was someone else.

Lady and Laird Candermine at 8:27 am May 11

SPOILER ALERT: ... don't read if you have not seen the film and don't want to know....
I guess it's up to what ya think.. and I'm all for that..
From what I understand everytime Heath's character, Tony goes behind the mirror he changes his looks because he is a liar ... he's still Tony... That's why Andrew's character knows about Tony before the others he's seen him in the mirror....

thewastelandr at 9:24 pm May 11

Completely agree with you, Candermines! They all look similar enough, plus with the costume and hair, that the audience assumes they are different manifestations of the same character, aka Tony.

Hanri at 8:50 am May 12

So that would mean, the first drunken guy who goes through the mirror is a liar too? Then again, why not, he was an a-hole anyway. lol

Interesting point, I must say. :)

Lady and Laird Candermine at 10:02 pm May 20

... yip the first guy was a jerk and a liar too ... that guy was actually the first change that was seen in the film ... he wasn't written like that at first but after Heath passed away .. the way they got around it was adding the idea of his image in the Imaginarium changing because of he is a liar ...
Heath was actally adding to his characters inconsistancy by not really keeping a consistant accent.. something some critics said was wrong with his accent being so different at times ... but they didn't read enough background to know that was Heath's plan for the character ... small differences in accents...

Johnnyrose: Great post, Lady and Laird Candermine!!! 5*****

Lady and Laird Candermine at 11:07 am May 04

Thank you Johnnyrose!!! So kind of you!

sit-on-my-face at 7:13 pm May 07

I can't look at this girl for too long, her beauty hurts my eyes and makes me jealous.

Lady and Laird Candermine at 5:03 pm May 11

Hugs... I'm sorry ... ... .... think of her as a guy in drag... I always do... LOL

thewastelandr: Your video is MARVELOUS! I can't believe you made that... how absolutely perfect!

Lady and Laird Candermine at 9:26 pm May 02

Thank you... wasty ... can I call ya that? ... with that hepburn photo it should be spelled... waisty...
Thanks for saying... and that is the LAIRD I made him run around in the park with a white suit and that mask... LOL it was fun ... you should see the behind the scenes green screen action...
by the way... it was made with a eighty dollar crap camera and a 30 dollar computer program...

thewastelandr at 5:34 am May 03

I thought it must be him! Fantastic!!! And I can't believe it was made with somewhat inexpensive equipment! Wow - props to the Candermines!

Waisty... I like that.

Lady and Laird Candermine at 8:21 am May 03

Waisty it is then!!! LOL : )

Holly at 10:18 pm May 02

It's fantastic! were the people in the park looking at you like you were nuts?

Lady and Laird Candermine at 8:24 am May 03

Yes... I think they were wondering WTF ... LOL ... there was a family having a picnic playing Mexican music ... it was rather loud and added to the amusement

thewastelandr at 2:42 pm May 03

Hahaha... so great!

Lady and Laird Candermine at 11:06 am May 04

thanks waity and Holly... and everyone!!! CHEERS!!!

bundtcake: I was going to rent it from Blockbuster yesterday, but they were all gone. (I guess in a way that's a good thing, right?) But, I did find a previously viewed copy of Brazil that they were selling, so I didn't leave totally empty-handed. Can't wait to see Dr. Parnassus. Maybe I'll go buy it anyway.

Lvndr HppE at 7:28 pm May 02

If you do decide to buy it, go to amazon.com or bj's. Borders and Barnes and Noble are trying to rip people off by charging ten dollars more than any other movie.