Not the Messiah - DVD
23 days to go!!!!!
“Not the Messiah” on Blu-ray High-Def and DVD June 8th
Culver City, CA (March 29, 2010) – Feel like you have the best seat in the house when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases the one-time only live event Not the Messiah (He’s a Very Naughty Boy) on Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD on June 8, 2010. Not the Messiah (He’s a Very Naughty Boy) delivers the magic of a historic performance by members of the Monty Python troupe celebrating their 40th Anniversary with a song oratorio inspired by the cult film The Life of Brian at London’s Royal Albert Hall. The performance features a rare on-stage reunion of Python troupe members Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, and Terry Gilliam. Brand new special features include three behind-the-stage featurettes and 6 sing-a-long songs, along with BD-Live™ functionality on the Blu-ray Disc version.
Not the Messiah (He’s a Very Naughty Boy) will be available on Blu-ray for $30.95 and DVD for $24.96 SRP.
In 1979, Monty Python’s Life of Brian turned the Biblical epic on its head. Now, the creators of Spamalot Eric Idle & John Du Prez turn classical music on its ear! Prepare for Not the Messiah (He’s a Very Naughty Boy), the comedic masterpiece that combines all of the unforgettable humor of the Python’s most celebrated film with the overblown grandeur of operatic solists, full symphony orchestra and chorus. Filmed live on October 23, 2009, the performance stars Eric Idle with special appearances by original Python troupe members, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, and Terry Gilliam.
DVD Special Features Include:
· “The Road to the Albert Hall” Featurette – A 30 minute behind the scenes documentary featuring interviews with the cast and crew rehearsing and preparing for the show.
· “Showtime!” Featurette – A unique look at the fascinating backstage mechanics of the show including last minute nerves and excitement, backstage near misses and mayhem and hasty moustache adjustments.
· “The Bright Side…” Featurette – Composer Eric Idle talks us through writing this surprisingly upbeat comedy classic song!
· 6 Sing-A-Long Songs including “You’re the One,” “Take Us Home” and “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”
Blu-ray Disc Exclusive:
· movieIQ+sync and BD-Live connect you to real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie. Once connected, movieIQ+sync will display all of the great information movieIQ offers on a computer screen or iPhone instead of onscreen, all while staying synchronized to the movie!
The Blu-ray Disc version of Not the Messiah (He’s a Very Naughty Boy) is BD-Live enabled, allowing users to get connected and use the disc as a key to unlock exclusive content and features via an Internet-connected Blu-ray player. Download exclusive content, register for rewards, give feedback through our survey and more!
Get rewarded for registering your Sony Blu-ray DiscsDiscs! The Sony Pictures Blu-ray Club rewards consumers in the U.S. for purchasing and registering BD-Live enabled Sony Blu-ray movies. Members can redeem accumulated points for cool Sony products, plus enter to win cash and prizes in daily sweepstakes, including the chance to win a SONY® BRAVIA® HDTV each month! For details visit www.sonyrewards.com/bluray.
Rating: PG for suggestive material and language
Catalog #: 33995 (Blu-ray), 33992 (DVD)
UPC Code:0-43396-33995-8 (Blu-ray), 0-43396-33992-7 (DVD)
SLP: $30.95 (Blu-ray), $24.96 (DVD)
Running Time: 91 minutes
Order Date: 5/6/10
Not The Messiah - DVD
* Format: DVD
* Running Time: 91 Min.
* Rated: PG
* Release Date: June 8
A one-night only live stage show/musical based on the motion picture Monty Python's Life of Brian, and written by Eric Idle & John Du Prez (the creators of Spamalot). Show is being performed at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Oct 23, 2009 http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/monty-python/default.aspx and being filmed in HD.
* The Road to the Albert Hall
* The Bright Side...
* 6 Sing-A-Long Songs!
Cast and Crew
* Stars: Carol Cleveland, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Neil Innes, Terry Jones, Michael Palin
* Director: No Director Credited
* Writer: John Du Prez, Eric Idle
TITLE: Not the Messiah: He’s a Very Naughty Boy
DURATION: 91 Minutes
BLU-RAY DISC INFORMATION: 1080p High Definition (1:78:1), English, 5.1 DTS-HD MA, Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Portuguese, Spanish
COMPANY: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
RATED: PG (Suggestive Material and Language)
RELEASE DATE: June 8, 2010