*Spoiler Alert* for the imaginarium of doctor parnassus

Has anybody seen the imaginarium of doctor parnassus? If not please read no further, If so, I would love to talk to someone about it. What did you like the most? Who was your favorite Tony? Who was your favorite character? So many questions, so few people to talk to about it.

Comments

Lady and Laird Candermine: Still can't look into this can I....???? DANG ... DANG... DANG... head on wall.. bang.. bang...

Lvndr HppE at 8:41 pm January 30

Well, it's not your fault. It's just the fact of where you live. See now, if you lived by Lincoln Center and had a dispensible income, you could have watched the movie every week! I say that, because that's the where the movie theater I saw it was located in.

thewastelandr at 1:39 pm January 30

Sadness!! :(

Holly at 8:35 pm January 30

it breaks my heart

Lvndr HppE: So, I just saw The Fisher King, and the part where Robin Williams' character chased after the girl he's in love with reminded me of Parnassas.

Holly at 6:58 pm January 25

I don't think I've ever heard of that one.

Lvndr HppE at 4:08 pm January 26

It came out in the the 90s, and it starred Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges. It was about a radio dj who accidently sets this man to kill some people in a restaurant. Years later, he's working in a video store and comes across this homeless man (played by Robin Williams) whose wife had died in by that gunman who the radioman had accidently set to kill. He then decides to help out the homeless man, but helping him get the woman of his dreams. Anywho, the reason I say that the scene where Robin Williams' character chases after the girl he's in love with reminded me of Parnassus, is that it reminded me of the last scene where he watches her go into the restaurant. I think it's because the two characters were dressed alike in those scenes.

sit-on-my-face at 1:44 pm January 30

I think it's my Gilliam's favourite... Especially the Grand central station scene...

Lvndr HppE at 8:37 pm January 30

Oh, you mean the part where they were all waltzing? I love that part!

sit-on-my-face at 8:43 pm January 30

Exactly. It's soooooo... aaammhhhphh... no words.

Holly at 6:45 pm January 26

that's a very good synopsis. I'm going have to watch that. I love Jeff Bridges.

thewastelandr: What did everyone think of Dr. Parnassus? I thought he was a drunk old fart and rather a jerk. But complex also because he loved his daughter, even though he had promised her to the devil.

thewastelandr at 1:39 pm January 30

Holly (and everyone else), what did you think of Lily Cole's character??

Lvndr HppE at 4:10 pm January 26

Well, the thing is that he promised a child to the devil that wasnt even born. I think he was trying to outwit the devil by not having a kid. Then, his wife ended up pregnant at 60, which means that the devil must have had a hand in that. No woman gives birth at 60! So, the devil outwitted him.

thewastelandr at 8:50 pm January 26

Yeah that is a good point. I wasn't sure if he had promised that before he found out his wife was pregnant or after. Ok need to go see it again!

Holly at 6:44 pm January 25

you described him perfectly, I can't believe that's the same man from "The Sound of Music"

Lvndr HppE at 6:52 pm January 25

Yeah, I didn't know that was the father from Sound of Music until I read it on Wikipedia. And I only did that, because someone mentioned him on Conan.

Holly at 6:55 pm January 25

When he sang "Edelweiss" in the sound of music I fell in love. I wanted to be Maria. There's something about a man that can sing too.

thewastelandr at 6:58 pm January 25

Haha yes he was gorgeous in that movie! So stern and commanding. Makes the women swoon!

Holly at 6:53 pm January 25

Oh, Conan, I'm gonna miss him

Lvndr HppE at 6:57 pm January 25

He's funny. Jimmy Fallon, on the other hand. . .

thewastelandr: OK so I finally saw it and LOVED it!!! The beginning was a bit odd to me - like it seemed slow going at first - but picked up and was enthralling. Imagery was AMAZING!!! Truly Gilliam! Wow that man is genius. Just on my way out to the grocery store but will write more upon my return!

Holly at 6:49 pm January 25

every film of Gilliam's I've seen it beautiful. I love how much attention he pays to every detail, even if its something in the background that people might not even notice.

Lady and Laird Candermine:

Thank you for the warning... I HAVE NOT SEEN IT!!! so I will not read on!!!!I hope I can talk about soon!!!!! Oh... I am hoping you liked it!!! LOVED IT... .... Everyday since July I've been living in the world of trying to get this film wider release... and I am doing it out of love... can you imagine the cash had I been paid...??? lol ... I am sooooo happy to know people have gone to see it and so many people are sharing how they liked/loved it!!!! BRAVO!!!! Thank you, Holly for this!!! <3<3<3

Holly: I loved the Dancing Policemen!

Lvndr HppE at 6:24 pm January 25

My brother's a policeman. I have a feeling that he would love that part. But then again, it's hard to tell what he'll like. I loved it, though. I thought it was a great the way they showed their panties in the end.

sit-on-my-face: I loved the clumsy guy... Linus I think. And this girl is too beautiful to be watched. Great all the way through, TG is the best.

Lvndr HppE: My friends and I were discussing the ending of the film. Who was that guy that the daughter had married at the end?

Holly at 8:40 am January 10

it was Anton w/ a mustache.

Lvndr HppE at 6:16 pm January 25

Yeah, after I saw it again, I realized who it was. But he also has glasses. Kind of a nerdy looking Anton. I wonder why he had to be nerdy looking.

Lvndr HppE: I loved the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus! I think that the movie was very well done. If I didn't know that Heath Ledger died halfway through this movie, I would think that the fact that his character's face changes each time he goes in, is on purpose. I think Gilliam did a marvelous job in directing, although I always love his movies.

Holly at 9:57 pm January 09

I agree. I love how well they were able to capture Heath Ledger's mannerisms.

Lvndr HppE at 6:18 pm January 25

Exactly. The acting was dead on. Although I expect nothing but marvelous acting from my Johhny Depp.

Lvndr HppE at 6:21 pm January 25

That's right. He's my Johnny Depp. I claimed him. But I'm willing to share him. ;-)

Holly at 6:51 pm January 25

well, I might borrow him for a while :) I'm kind of partial to John Cusak. Have you ever seen the movie "Benny & June" with Johnny Depp?