Stephen Fry alarm clock

No joke. I don't know how many of you know about this clock, but for those that don't. I found the link where you can purchase your own Stephen Fry alarm clock. http://www.voco.uk.com/stephen-fry/ Ugh, I sound like I'm spamming, but I know that a lot of Python fans are Stephen Fry fans. Thats why I'm posting this here. I haven't ordered mine yet. Gotta save up some money before I can spend it! But it will happen. Oh, yes. This will be mine.

Comments

TheBlancmange: That clock is genius!

MontyMaria: Stephen & Hugh <3

Lvndr HppE: So a discussion started on a John Cleese alarm clock that I wanted to bring up here. While a John Cleese alarm clock would be quite pleasant. A John Cleese alarm clock where he speaks to you as Basil Fawlty would be quite amusing.

mrsCutout: Hahaha oh wow! That would be a nice burgain!

genji: Why does the "sir" version have Roman numerals and the "madam" version have Arabic numerals?

Lvndr HppE at 1:38 am October 04

No clue. As long as I understand what the clock is saying, I'll be fine.

thewastelandr: By the way, why are they holding American flags in that first photo?

Hanri at 8:26 am October 03

It's of the third season of Jeeves and Wooster, where they go to the States.

thewastelandr at 9:01 am October 15

Ahhhhh I see! Lovely!

thewastelandr: I adore that man!

larsen525: I'd love to see a version of this clock, using Joanna Lumley's voice. I know that's as close as I'd ever get, to having the real Joanna wake me up in the morning. ;-)

arkennedy: I'm a Stephen Fry fan so I'd love to have that clock as well :) By the way, I click on each of the sample messages and I can't decide which I like best, either 1, 5 or 6 or perhaps 2, 3 or 4 :)

Lvndr HppE at 9:55 am October 03

Well, those were just six of the 130 messages Stephen says. I would probably use that relaxation thing every night.

arkennedy at 11:23 am October 03

I noticed that the clock actually had 130 messages. I couldn't even pick a favorite out of the six samples we could listen to. I'll bet I'd really have trouble choosing a favorite out of all 130 :)

It seems like that being woken up by Stephen Fry's voice would be a much nicer way to be woken up than by the shrieking beeps that my alarm clock uses to wake me up.

genji at 11:49 am October 03

I think the "madam" version will sell a lot better than the "sir" version. I'd rather have a ranting Mr. Cleese to wake me up.

arkennedy at 12:10 pm October 03

A John Cleese clock would be interesting too. Or a clock that let's you choose from all the Python's voices. If there was such a clock I think it should have a feature in which you hear Graham's voice saying: "Rotten. Rotten. You're no bloody use at all. You're an utter bloody wash-out. You make me sick, you weed!" (from the Flying lessons sketch) whenever you hit the snooze button.

Hanri at 12:30 pm October 03

There was an add somewhere for a car navigator (I believe it was TomTom One) that had John Cleese's voice. I'd suggest there should be an angry Cleese giving directions. "Turn left....right! Nonono, oh now look what you've done you stupid git!" and so on and so forth. (referring to the Cleese character on "Clockwise")